Friday, October 9, 2009

me





These are photographs of me, in happier times. After I had my accident and after I lost Brooke, I lost my smile.
This photo was taken in Cancun by Janie Scarpello. Tanned and rested. One of my favorite spots on earth. I've been there about 15 times. Although, after my accident in 2005, i've only been once. Me and Judy went with Tom and Mary Schrah. Mary wanted to swim with dolphins, so we did, we had a great time.

Playing drums at the Bolder Boulder with the Route 66 Band. Three weeks before my auto accident. This was Memorial Day, 2005.

Photo of me at the Emmys. I've been on the Board of Governors since the inception of the Denver and regional chapter was established. Roger Ogden, General Manager of CBS4 Denver made sure I was on the board. Term limits are 3 years. I've been on the board for about 15 years total. I was the creative one who designed the Emmy Invitations. I made projects for us. It was an unpaid position, lots of work, monthly meetings, but I loved it. I had done so many things outside of work, I realized it took up too much of my time and kept me from my family. I did only one position, the Emmys.

I'm playing drums at an outdoor party. Happy and fun times.

1 comment:

  1. Tom, since you don't post your email or other way to respond to your potshot of a comment on my blog.

    1st, bullshit about not photograghing due to plagiarism and theft. How do I know that? 4 years of posting and getting artists glad permission to publish their art. So I can say bullshit to that claim, authoritatively.

    2ndly, only one unkind word, "dumbass". So you are full of shit or stupid, both, or exaggerating for effect. Pick one. Pull back on the focus from that one word, if you can release the myopia you are afflicted with, and you just might see that the post is a compliment to his ability as an artist, but points out his moronic take on publisizing. You aren't the first to think I'm slamming him, but I compliment his work, and crtisize his business sense, and back up my point by linking to his website where it's obvious that I'm right.

    Good for you, my compliments on your accomplishments, but you aren't the topic here.

    He may be those things you say, I agree on his art... or I wouldn't have posted about his art, gotten his permission to post the shifter knobs, and tried to illuminate my readers to his really good art. Nothing in my post puts down his artistry, you mook, how can such myopia be unable to comprehend the written word?

    You evidently only read the word dumbass, and didn't read the previous commentary, and my astute reply. You should, and you wouldn't have jumped the gun on your comment, proving your own words about the nature of being easy to criticize, especially as you are unable to read everything, and focus on one word when critising me.

    I point out in my post on his work that it is the most pathetic, and that reflects on my post, not his work, as my posts on artists are complimentary, free publicity, and always put great art and artists in the best showcase I can make for them.

    Your advice to not take pot shots at men with world followings is equally bizarre and stupid. Tom doesn't have a world follwing, and you must not have even a glancing concept of the world... I've got a world following, can prove it, have been ranked by peers as more favored and enjoyed than all but 13 other websites in my field in the whole world, and a website that daily has over 100 countries visiting it. Every day, over a 100 different countries look and enjoy at what I do, they aren't even aware of his existance. Why would they, he won't publisize anything they can see large enough to recognize?

    So yes, I do have an idea of the man I'm criticizing and you don't of the one you are, you try looking him up on the internet instead of going by what you know, and you might find, like I did, that there's nothing there.

    ReplyDelete