Friday, October 9, 2009

Golden, Colorado - where I call home

October 9, 2009
My world is my family, my friends, my toys, my bands, and 2 dogs.
Heather McKibbin, my daughter. Her husband, their 3 children, my grandchildren, Ashley, Erik and Allison.
They are my world.
Brooke Lee Mares, my daughter.
July 29, 1980 - February 6, 2009
Devastating, a parent should not survive their children.
Blackjack and Barkley, my two Cocker Spaniels, my boys.
Corvettes and Route 66, those are my signature items, two things that go together. I've traveled up and down Route 66 with Brooke, Mom and Dad, my friend Tom Schrah Jr., Mike Blake Jr. & Sr., Kevin Harper. We've logged many miles by car or motorcycles. All great memories.
I've been and Artist and Photographer all my life. It was my career. 4 years at KMGH-TV7 in Denver, 32 years at CBS4 Denver, Art Director - retired. I was in an auto accident on June 24, 2005. I was rear ended by a Ford F250, with a trailer full of sod. I was stopped in traffic on Interstate 25, he hit me at 60mph, never hit his brakes. I saw it coming, I braced myself as hard as I could. I closed my eyes and said goodbye to my grandchildren. I was off work for a year, had a multi level fusion in my neck, C4 - C5 and C5 -C6, titanium and bone harvested from my hip. I went back to work, but I couldn't handle the stress. I have a lot of nerve damage and chronic pain. I'm dependent on pain meds. I don't want to be, but planning to wean myself with my pain management doctor, Lisha Barre, M.D.
I've been a musician all my life. I started playing piano at 4. I've played drums since junior high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment